Saturday, April 19, 2008

Recipe Review: Steamed Asparagus with Ginger Garlic Sauce

You can tell you've found a good restaurant when after you return home, almost painfully full, you start planning your meal for the next trip. For the longest while, R and I have been searching for good Chinese food in our area. There is one restaurant we know near downtown San Diego, where R grew up, but that is a bit of a journey just for dinner. Thanks to some adept map searching, though, we were able to find a place just a few blocks away that is totally awesome.

What does all that have to do with a recipe for asparagus? Well, this evening we dined on the leftovers, but I needed a little more food to round out the small containers of broccoli beef and spicy honey chicken. I remembered that I had a half pound of asparagus in the fridge and so I tried out a scaled-down version of steamed asparagus with ginger garlic sauce. Perhaps it was overshadowed by the other items on the plate, or perhaps it's just that roasted asparagus is hard to beat, but I didn't find the recipe all that memorable. Not bad, but I didn't think it was really worth the effort.

No comments: