Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wha?

Had an odd inversion of the parent-child dynamic today. I was on the phone with my mom and she casually mentioned that she's been packing and getting her house ready to rent. Apparently she's moving in with her boyfriend. Though I didn't voice my sentiments, I'm sure I was mentally echoing the parents of adult children everywhere in thinking, I know it's her decision, but it would have been nice if she's told me she was planning on doing this.

Of course, for an even more hilarious role reversal, I'll need to call her up in about 6 months and ask her why she isn't just getting married.

2 comments:

alyndabear said...

Yipes, that is a role reversal! As long as she's happy I guess..

Teacher Anonymous said...

Yeah. Her boyfriend is a very nice guy and I'm happy she's found someone.