Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Waxing

In response to a blog friend posting her horrible home waxing story, I thought I'd share mine. I think I was also 15 at the time, as it was over at my dad's first place (what we called the bachelor pad, though it was just him, my sister, and me).

Anyway, I'd gotten one of those home waxing kits with the wax already applied to the strips and ensconced myself in the bathroom. I was doing my bikini line, which was probably not the best area for learning how to wax. I applied the strip, pressed down to firmly attach that sucker to my hair, and pulled with all my might.

I made it about an inch. I think half the hairs came out, but those that did left bloody spots. I could pull no further, but the dang thing was firmly attached to my thigh. I sat for a bit and pondered, then did the only thing I could think of: I put on my bikini bottom and called for my dad, who ripped the strip the rest of the way off in one firm tug. Ouch.

2 comments:

Breathe Gently said...

Oh my gosh, this makes mine seem pretty tame... I can't believe you started with your bikini area! OUCH!!!!

Teacher Anonymous said...

Yeah, well. I didn't mind shaving my legs so much, but my bikini area has always been hard to shave. Breaks out in red bumps pretty much instantly, so I can see why 15-year-old me would try to wax it. Still, you definitely had a better idea for strip removal. A hot shower would have been much less embarrassing than having to call in my dad.