Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Academia at its best

I think I hit the jackpot with the class I'm assigned to tutor. Not that they're nice or easy to be with, far from it. They scare the crap out of me and have me thinking about getting a PhD so that I will never ever have to teach middle school children. No, I've hit the jackpot because they've been going on so many field trips, which makes the time I'm required to spend with them much easier (or at least more interesting). So far, I've been to the Museum of Photographic Arts and the community lab at Biogen Idec, where the students got to go a BCA assay, which measures protein concentration (something I didn't get to do until college). Friday, we're going to the opera to see Beauty and the Beast, and next Friday we're going back to Biogen Idec to do a gel electrophoresis on some DNA. Joy!

No comments: