Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Digital story ideas

My next task for my technology class is to try out podcasting. In class we had the option of using iMovie for this activity, however some of us prefer to talk to ourselves in the privacy of our own homes. For those of you who, like myself, are not Mac people, Audacity also works pretty well for this purpose and is, conveniently, free.

Our assignment is to talk about our digital story ideas, the culmination of which will be appearing on TeacherTube later next month for your viewing pleasure. Here is what I have so far.

In a final aside, I never realized how much cool stuff is available for free on iTunes. The iTunes U section of the store is full of edifying podcasts and I have completely fallen in love with it. I spent my workout today listening to a lecture/interview about Islam and the West from Open University and have downloaded a whole series of podcasts to brush up on my Spanish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was free stuff on I-tunes! Thanks for the info- I'll be checking it out. Have enjoyed your site. I was sorry to hear that you didn't want to use a mac. Speaking as a non-mac user, I spent most of one summer in an intensive workshop using I-life stuff. I found it so easy! I couldn't believe an old timer like me could adapt to it so easily. I suggest if you get a chance, try it out. Good luck on your class work. Looks like you've been doing a great job!