Friday, February 06, 2009

Withdrawal

Soaking up one last bit of internet before breaking down the office for the move. Service won't be up at our new place until Monday (apparently some people only work during normal business hours), so I'll be out of contact with the world all weekend.

Packing has moved into high gear these last few days. It is amazing the amount of stuff you can remove before the place stops feeling like home. Apparently the curtains were a big part of my mental image of the rooms, as the whole place seems empty now that the miniblinds are laid bare.

There are definitely some things I'll miss about this place: the luxurious kitchen, the garden, not sharing walls. One thing I will not miss, however, is the neighbor's dog. When encountered in front of the house, it is nice enough, but it has some territorial issues about the back yard. It apparently considers everything within eye shot part of its back yard, and since the neighbor's house doesn't have a back fence, that includes my backyard and rear rooms of my house. When it sees me, even if I'm inside, it barks, and barks, and barks. Ignoring it doesn't work. Instead, I have to go challenge it until it retreats to its actual yard. I'm sure it will think it has won, but it will be wrong.

... That was clearly the exhaustion talking. Back to packing.

No comments: