Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My school

Phew! Those were an exhausting couple of days. Classes, in service... and it's not over yet. Luckily, I don't have to spend the entire evening in class or doing homework (as I have in fact done the last several days), so I thought I'd tell you a little about my school.

The people? Totally awesome. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. The place is also jam-packed with interns from my program from previous years (there are 9 of us there this year), so everyone is also very sympathetic and accommodating about the demands of the program.

We get a lot of collaboration time. We collaborate both within our department and with our house. The students and staff are all divided up into houses (like in Harry Potter) based on our advisory classes. I'm in one of the high school houses, which means that I'm advising 11th or 12th graders, which is odd since all of my other classes are 9th grade biology. Well, that and one mystery class. Hopefully they'll have that one assigned soon!

At the moment, I'm feeling really good about this whole endeavor. I think I may like it here.

1 comment:

Lara said...

congrats! i'm glad it's going well. :)