Friday, October 05, 2007

Spots and sax


As you can probably tell, last night's class wasn't nearly as bad as last Thursday. I still get squirrelly once we start into the third hour, though. I'm fine the rest of the evenings that I have class, but apparently I just don't have the stamina for it Thursday evening.

Speaking of needing mental energy, today was annoying parent day. One had to meet with me this morning--couldn't wait until parent-teacher conferences next week. Really upset with me for not contacting her about her son's missing work. Since this class started later than the rest of the school, I had only seen the kids for not quite three weeks by the time progress reports roll around. I hardly even knew them! She was quite peeved that, because of this F, her son can't do track. She's also annoyed that being on time to class doesn't count in their grades. Look, lady, being on time just means that they don't get detention. I shouldn't have to reward them for being where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there. I also had an e-mail from another parent complaining about the fact that I give homework over the weekend. Homework!

No comments: