Friday, April 06, 2007

My goodness, a post!

The kids have been on spring break this week, so as enjoyable as it has been for me (Thursday and Friday off! Woo!), it definitely decreases the number of interesting incidents I have to share with the blogonet. The highlights of yesterday: strawberry pancakes and getting plastic drawers to go under the bathroom sink, so that every time the cats go under there chaos will no longer ensue.

I do have one ray of excitement in my life: I got a bike! I actually got it three weeks ago and we've been going mountain biking every weekend since then (I spent the whole week after my first ride searching for padded shorts. My ass, it was killing me!). San Diego is riddled with little canyons (really screwed us over during the wildfire), which means that there are oodles of trails. This is what we did last weekend:



The weekend before we went to a canyon that, even though it was in between houses, made it seem like you were all of the sudden in the middle of nowhere. It was incredible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I actually like it when I'm off teaching for a small break, but you're right - I have absolutely nothing to blog about. Boo.

I haven't ridden a bike since I was about 12 :P I'd be a danger, and would need training wheels again.