Monday, April 09, 2007

Snakes!


I watched "Snakes on a Plane" this Saturday, for the first time ever. It was awesome! So very over the top and ridiculous. Some of the inaccuracies were funny to point out ("Hey! That snake has red and black touching. It's not even poisonous!).

Sunday, after Easter dinner with my family, I got to go see B's snake for the first time. His name is Tyrone, and he's a red-tailed boa constrictor. I got to hold him for a while (he had a very strong grip on my arm for such a little snake) and even got to hang out on the couch with him draped around my neck. As we sat there watching TV, waiting for the arrival of the feisty mouse that Tyrone would eventually strangle and swallow whole, I kept seeing him out of the corner of my eye and getting flashes of "Snakes on a Plane." B telling me that she hopes he won't bite her, as she didn't realize that she wasn't supposed to hold him during his first week home (but instead held him all the time) as they sometimes have issues adjusting didn't help any. I finally relaxed once I realized he just wanted to hang out and slither around a bit. He's a cool snake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm yet to see that movie. I'm prone to choosing terribly and deliciously bad movies to watch, that might be next! Eee. Snakes creep me out.