Thursday, April 12, 2007

We're moving!

Not the blog, but rather our physical location. We're moving from a condo to a house not so far away. We are also acquiring a roommate, which will be a new experience for me as, aside from the one year in the dorms, I've only ever lived with R.

Things I'm going to miss:

1. A convenient exercise room. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy a used treadmill on Craigslist.

2. The Cat Bathroom. We currently have two bathrooms - one for us, one for the cat box (oh, and guests use it, too). Our new place has two bathrooms - one for us, one for our roommate. I'm not quite sure where the cat box will wind up, but the issue has been weighing on my mind lately.

3. Hanging around the house naked/in my underwear. We're going to be gaining a lot of nice things in this new place (having another person paying rent definitely increases the amount of space you can afford), but unfortunately it also means a decrease in privacy. Oh well, I guess I will just have to get some comfy lounging-around-the-house type clothes.

4. Dogs. Living in a condo complex, there are a lot of people with dogs (since, owning their own place, no one can tell them they can't have them). There is even a chihuahua that walks around on its front paws! Unfortunately, all the dog owners are very polite and will stand off to the side of the path when people walk by, meaning I hardly ever get to pet any dogs.

Things I definitely won't miss:

1. Other people using the exercise equipment.

2. Schlepping our bikes up and down the stairs every time we want to ride them. We're going to have a garage now. What joy!

3. The unbearable heat and humidity in the summer. Three cheers for central air!

4. The gardener. He's a nice guy, but most of the time I really don't want to talk to anyone. I've taken to parking far away and checking the mail if I see him by his car (which is near where I would normally pass walking back to my house).

Things that are awesome about the new place:

1. A backyard! We've got a patio and two (2) gazebos. This place is going to be BBQ central this summer.

2. Fruit trees. Apple... Guava... Philippine Lemon? I think I have some research to do.

3. Having enough space to have both a dining room table and a crafting table. Our dining room table is currently covered in a partially assembled photo album (me) and paper waiting to be converted into a sweet-ass model (R), among other things. Plus our new dining room table (kindly left by our landlords) looks to be in a line of sight with the place we plan on putting our TV, so we might actually eat there. Heavens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving - how exciting, yet scary at the same time! :) Pictures!