Monday, December 11, 2006

A's irritant of the day

Guy behind me in line at the hardware store, why are you talking to me? It's not as though we made eye contact or anything. Don't think I didn't notice that you had to repeat you opening line in order to get me to turn around. I'm sure you just thought the fact that I was getting a spare key made was just a gift from the heavens, a perfect segue into how you just re-keyed all six locks of your new house and have so many spare keys and whatever should you do with them? Don't care, don't care, don't care. Your son looks like he's not that much younger than me, so I'm really too young to be your Del Mar trophy wife. I know it sounds like the oldest excuse in the book, but the engagement ring is in the shop. Now please, stop talking to me.

No comments: