Tuesday, June 05, 2007
So, having publicly vented my frustrations, I finally found a site that fits all the criteria, namely:
- Nice looking. I find the standard hotel conference room to be lacking in windows and far too ugly for my taste. I'm trying not to have to decorate over the ugliness, so I'd like the location to have it's own charm (this also cuts down on decorations, which I'm not overly fond of).
- Allows liquor on the premises. Unfortunately, this has nixed a few otherwise nice places from the list, but there is a strong whiskey drinking lobby within the group (i.e. R) that won't be denied. Besides, a wedding just wouldn't be a wedding without ridiculous mixed drinks (or is that a tropical vacation I'm thinking about?).
- Easily available information regarding the site. I'm fine with doing lots of research, but I don't want to get out of my chair to do it E-mailing people is even more effort than I'm willing to put forth in most cases. If the price isn't listed, I'll probably be moving on.
- Enough space for 80-100 people, plus dance floor. Nothing says wedding like watching your relatives dance awkwardly.
- Doesn't blow the budget. I've been given a reasonable amount, but can't go crazy unless I feel like spending my own money (which I would rather save up for, say, a down payment on a house).
Luckily, we seem to have finally found a place! I still have to go visit and give it a good once-over, but I've been there before so I know it's nice. Plus, look at how many windows the place has! I'm so happy.
Images stolen from here.