Saturday, June 09, 2007

In the nick of time

Yesterday I joined the Camelbak club. All the guys had them, and I was starting to run out of water with only my water bottle, so it was high time I got one. While I was shopping I also picked up a small first aid kit to keep in my pack. We hadn't needed so far, but it's good to be prepared, and since R had all the bike repair equipment it was my task to have the people repair equipment. I got to break out the kit almost immediately, as today we ran across a couple of jumps that someone had constructed on a flat part of the trail. We decided to try them out and one of our party wound up falling dramatically and taking a good sized chunk out of his shin! I have to say, though, that the medical kit seemed a bit skimpy. I'm really going to have to pimp that baby out. Multiple rolls of tape, more packets of antibiotic ointment, syringe for snake venom extraction... You know, the works.

No comments: