Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Recipe Review: Andouille Sausage & Quinoa

The original recipe calls for chorizo, but I had forgotten in the week between seeing the recipe and hitting the supermarket. To be fair, I've been quite brain dead lately. Tuesday morning I drove over to the house of the guy I carpool with, only to have him call from my house wondering where I was. I never drive on Tuesdays. What was I thinking?

In any case, this recipe is still rather tasty even with a different kind of sausage. Eating it feels very comforting. I added a bit more spice to my version, but do whatever floats your boat.

Andouille Sausage & Quinoa
adapted from Coconut & Lime
  • 1/2 lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced on the bias
  • 2 c Chicken broth
  • 1 c Quinoa
  • 2 Cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Onion, diced
  • 1 Stalk celery, diced
  • 2 T Olive oil
  • 1 t Smoked paprika
  • Salt, pepper, chili powder, and smoked paprika (to taste).
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion, sausage, celery, and garlic. Saute until fragrant (2-3 minutes).

2. Add the quinoa, cook 1 minute.

3. Add the broth and smoked paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and cover. Cook about 20 minutes or until the quinoa is translucent and has a small, visible spiral. Adjust spices to taste. Serve hot.

No comments: