Thursday, September 14, 2006

A lunchtime confession

I'm sad to admit it, but lunch is the highlight of my day. The whole morning is leading up to lunchtime, and the whole afternoon is just a downhill slide from that lunchtime glee. I've even started making nicer lunches, since, if lunch is going to be the focus of my day, I'd better have a kick-ass lunch to be focused on. At least I know that, even with all the worries and doubts I have about teaching, what I'm doing now definitely isn't the career for me.

Today I made omuraisu (a rice omelet), and it was really good. I cut the recipe in half (only one of me, and R was not keen on the idea of a rice omelet (or, indeed, omelets at all)), added corn (I forgot to defrost some chicken), and left out the bell peppers. It was really good! A lot of food, though. I'm thinking of just doing 1/3 of the recipe instead of 1/2 the recipe.

Along with interest in tasty lunches, I have developed and interest in lunch boxes. Mighty Goods had the cutest one listed today, so I think I'm going to get it. I love how they said it is "for people who don't like their food to touch," because that is totally me. No touching!

No comments: