Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A lunchtime disaster

I've been cursed with a leaky set of tupperware (Damn you, Ikea!), so yesterday my faux Greek salad leaked all over my purse, leaving everything all balsamic-y. On the upside, the salad was still rather tasty.

A's Faux Greek Salad

Ingredients:
  • Cucumbers (I prefer the little Persian ones, since you don't even have to peel them, but any will do)
  • Tomatoes (I used halved cherry tomatoes, but this also could be any other sort of tomato)
  • Fresh Basil leaves
  • Feta cheese
  • Balsamic vinegar

Directions:

Cut up the cucumber and tomato in big chunks and toss together. Chop basil, and sprinkle on top of cucumber and tomato mixture. Drizzle with vinegar, then crumble feta on top. Garnish with a sprig of basil if so inclined.

No comments: