Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bachelors in Memology

Another meme, stolen from Laura.

1. The phone rings; whom do you want it to be?
Anyone but my mom. The woman can go on forever about anything!

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
To the store itself? Rarely. To one of those kart korrals? Almost always.

3. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?

Every day (and hopefully more than once).

4. Do you take compliments well?
No, not really. More often than not I don't really agree with the person, so I think they just lack perspective.

5. Do you play Sudoku?

I did for a couple of days, but there are just so many better things out there. Books, for example.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
For a little while, at least. I don't think I could make a fire, though, even if you left me a cigarette lighter. One of those BBQ lighters, however, and I'd be set.

7. Do you like nipple rings?
They're... interesting.

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Oh yeah. Day camp, Girl Scout camp, 6th grade camp, music camp - I did the whole spectrum.

9. If a sexy person were pursuing you, but you knew he/she were married what would you do?

I'd tell them to look at the ring and then back off. Look at my ring, that is (of course, this also applies to sexy single people).

10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Possibly, but it would depend on how religious they are. It's easier if you and your partner are at least somewhat in agreement.

11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Be pursued. I'm shy and lazy.

12. Use three words to describe yourself at the moment:

Tired, full (of mango chicken), cramped (I had a charley horse of the calf in the middle of the night and the darn thing is still all funny).

13. Do any songs make you cry?
No, but there is one that gets me pretty close.

14. Are you continuing your education?
Yup. Currently I'm getting my Masters in Education, and I figure down the road I'll get another Masters or a Doctorate. I'm a degree junkie.

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Nope.

16. If your house were on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?

During the big wildfire, R and I packed up our important documents, pictures, and DVDs so that we could quickly get them into the car if we needed to evacuate (the fire actually came up a canyon within a quarter mile of our apartment, so this wasn't just idle paranoia). Now, if there was a fire in the house, first thing would be to make sure the other people were awake and escaping and the second thing would be the cats.

17. Who was the last person you shared a bed with?
R. Same as for the last few years.

18. Whom do you text the most?
I guess my sister, but really I don't text much.

19. Favorite children’s books?

The Ordinary Princess.

20. What color are your eyes?
Blue.

21. How tall are you?

5'6", which makes me practically a midget in my tall Scandinavian family.

22. If you could do it over again, start from scratch, would you?

No, because I'd probably just make the same dang decisions.

23. Any secret admirers?

If I knew then they wouldn't be secret, now would they?

24. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yup. I've still got 3 of the 4 of me and my dad from back in the day (my dad has the 4th on his nightstand).

25. Where is the farthest place you have traveled?

Either Hawaii or Costa Rica.

26. Do you like mustard?
I love mustard.

27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?

Well, if I'm hungry, then eating, and if I'm tired, then sleeping. They both are wonderful.

28. Do you look like your mom or dad?

When I was little I looked just like my mom when she was the same age. Now... I look like my cousin. Genetics is a funny thing.

29. How long does it take you in the shower?
Depends how much time I have. 15 minutes-ish, but I do enjoy a long shower.

30. Can you do splits?
No, but I can touch my foot to the back of my head (and not by bringing it up and over my shoulder).

31. What movies do you want to see right now?
Pirates!

32. What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
Is it sad if I don't remember?

33. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Nope, she was too tall (pretty hilarious, eh? Actually, I'm guessing it was because she was a big dork).

34. Whats the last letter of your middle name?
N.

35. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
6 or 7 on weeknights, 8 to 10 on weekends.

36. Do you like Care Bears?
Not being allowed to watch much TV when I was a child, I missed out on the whole Care Bears phenomenon.

37. What do you buy at the movies?
I don't actually buy anything. R buys two tickets.

38. Do you know how to play poker?

Yup. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't lose all my money immediately, which makes it much more fun.

39. Do you wear your seat belt?

Click it or ticket, biatch. Actually, in high school I did stop the car when my sister didn't have her seat belt on (I also stopped the car when my stepsister was playing with a lighter in the back seat. So not okay to hear that right behind my head).

40. What do you wear to sleep?

Nothing. It's so much better than wearing anything.

41. Anything big ever happen in your town?

Fire? Near bankruptcy of the city? All the illegal immigration that the rest of the country wants to talk about? I'm sure there are other things.

42. Is your hair straight or curly?
As straight as can be. My mom and I tried to perm my hair once in 2nd grade. My hair was apparently too immature, so it didn't take, but to make up for it my mom's hair turned out extra curly. She wound up cutting it short and wearing a wig while it grew out.

43. Is your tongue pierced?

Nope.

44. Do you like liver and onions?

I've never had it as a dish, but I do like the components. The onions would need to be caramelized, though.

45. Have you ever been in love?
I'm so there.

46. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I like funny, but it has to be the right kind of funny. I enjoy dry humor.

47. Ever been to L.A.?
Yup. May I never return. B, however, is moving there in August, so I probably won't get my wish.

48. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?

Lately I pay, but if I can't find the song I want or they only have it in wma format then I will find alternate procurement methods.

49. Do you hate chocolate?
Nope. I love dark chocolate and tolerate milk chocolate.

50. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
My dad and I don't fight. My mom and I fight about stupid things. Of course, sending me "A Case for Faith" for Valentine's Day (and my sister a Dr. Phil self-help book) is really just asking for it.

51. Are you a gullible person?
Sometimes. I'm too trusting and innocent to pick out good and determined liars.

52. If you could have any job, what would it be?

Trust-fund baby, though firefighter sounds good too.

53. Are you easy to get along with?

I think so, but then I rarely fight with myself.

54. What is your favorite time of day?
Evening.

55. Are you a generally happy person?
I'm... at peace. My host teacher described me as Zen-like.

6 comments:

Lara said...

fun answers! btw, you know you've misspelled my name twice recently? you really want me to be named 'laura' huh? ;)

Teacher Anonymous said...

Dangit. I suck :/

Lara said...

no, you don't suck. you just... are better at science than spelling. :)

Teacher Anonymous said...

So true. A while back in class I was writing some example categories for students to sort terms into and I wound up writing "meteorological phenomena" instead of "weather" because it never seems like I'm spelling weather correctly.

Jay said...

Goodness that was a long one!

I can't believe anyone still asks if you wear a seat belt. Honestly?

Teacher Anonymous said...

I know! I feel weird if I'm not wearing a seat belt.