Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A few quirks

The new place is really starting to feel like home. Almost all the boxes are unpacked. There are, however, a few oddities I'd like to share.


Our new landlords were kind enough to leave us a kitchen table. Underneath the hideous table cloth, though, there lurked a surprise.


Nor is the table the end of the kitchen quirks. This tile was intentionally built into the tile counter top. For the love of all that's good and holy, why? Why?!


This mirror is huge, ugly, and permanently affixed to the wall over the mantle. I'm thinking I'll just have to get some sort of art to cover it.


Last, but certainly not least, the crazy zig-zag wall. The architect who designed this place should be taken out behind the shed and shot.

5 comments:

Lara said...

wow, zany house you've got there, A. good luck with the poltergeists, 'cause that's prime haunting territory...

Anonymous said...

I actually kind of like that zig zag wall. It's kind of quirky.. but it's making my dizzy!

Teacher Anonymous said...

What I don't get is why the architect did it. If they had just made the wall a straight line it would have increased the square footage of the house (and made life easier on the construction company).

Anonymous said...

What is that splotch on the kitchen table? You don't want to know what I thought it was when I first saw the picture and hadn't read the post..

I hear you about the construction of the wall, but I think it's kind of cool. Let's call in "character."

Teacher Anonymous said...

We think the previous tenants (or possibly the owners) were doing some sort of project on the table and glued the newspaper they were using to protect the table onto the table.

The wall is definitely the least of the house's issues. Now that we have furniture in and pictures up on the walls it really doesn't look too bad.