Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaBloPoMo: Day 12

Today was the first day I hadn't managed to shower and get dressed by the time R came home for work. The baby was dressed, but I was still in my bathrobe. You always hear of this happening to new moms, though I imagine it probably happens more once additional kids come along, but I had managed to avoid it until now.

Still, I don't feel nearly as slovenly and unaccomplished as I feared I would, probably due to the fact that I did actually get some things done today. I spent the morning making and canning applesauce. I was just about to change and go exercise (the reason I hadn't yet showered), when I accidentally put a canning lid back in the box too loudly. The box was, of course, located next to the bouncy chair of a baby who had only just gotten to sleep, so I spent the next while comforting a very cranky baby. I suppose I could have exercised and showered once she went back to sleep, but by then I couldn't resist the lure of a nap, so we both slept. The end.

On the upside, when you shower at 5 pm you can change right into comfy PJ pants. Hey, it's dark out. I'm not going anywhere.

No comments: