Sunday, November 08, 2009

NaBloPoMo: Day 8

Well, I'm sorry to have to admit it, but I totally chickened out on a recipe this morning. My mom didn't raise picky eaters, but apparently this one was too much for me. I tried making eggs en cocotte this morning, which is basically a soft-boiled egg, only you crack the eggs into a little ramekin and bake them in a water bath with cheese and a little cream.

I'd never had a soft-boiled egg before, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Well, when the timer rang and I pulled out the baking dish, the jiggling egg whites freaked me out and I put it back in for another five minutes. It wound up tasty, but quite solid. No dipping toast in those eggs.

I suppose I should have expected this. I used to microwave my scrambled eggs so that they would be completely dry.

No comments: