Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An ode to the lady who takes my blood

Oh, laboratory technician
With skin a lovely shade of brown
You're my favorite laboratory technician
The gentlest vampire in town

You like how I rhymed 'technician' with 'technician'? It's because I'm awesome. Anyway, enough of that nonsense. The lady at my doctor's office has turned getting my blood drawn into a minor inconvenience, rather than a big event that used to send me into a panic. For someone who has to get their blood tested twice a year, this is a big deal. I used to leave the office, one or both arms useless, shaking from all the adrenaline and decidedly sweaty. I'm not the only one who feels this way, either. Apparently the medical group tried to move her to a different office four times last year, but patients complained, so they moved her back.

No comments: