Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A whiney post

I'm sick. I knew it was bound to happen, as everyone around me has been getting sick. I tried not to gloat about my superior immune system, but I was still thinking it, which was apparently enough. I'm just hoping I don't get anyone else sick.

Okay, so that's not entirely true. At the AVID tutoring section yesterday, one of the guys of the classroom came around, asked my name, and shook my contagious hand. He then proceeded to tell me that it was national hug day, and then gave my back a little hug while he was walking behind my chair. Um, thanks. Since you're so desperate for contact with university coeds, you can have some of my germs. The student I was tutoring wryly quipped, "Well, that wasn't at all awkward," which just struck me as freaking hilarious and completely banished the awkward feelings. Honestly, in the two tutoring sessions I've attended so far, I've decided that I love high school students. Even when they're being annoying, it's a more manageable annoying than middle school students.

No comments: