Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Peering into the depths of my... pantry

I'm on a mission to clean out my pantry. I've got so much stuff--food stuff--that has just sat there, collecting dust, in the months and years since I've bought it.

This whole process began in December, when I wanted to avoid buying more perishable food since we were going on vacation. Since then, it has morphed into an all-out pantry searching bonanza. I'm not the only one who feels this way, but my situation has gotten particularly bad from years of neglect. I can't help but pick up the occasional sauce or treat that catches my eye, but then I have a tendency not to use said treats. However, with an eye to our upcoming move (I've already started stockpiling boxes for our immense library), I've decided to weed out all of that excess food that we've been carrying around. It should make for some interesting eating these next few months.

No comments: