Thursday, January 10, 2008

Walkin'

My grandmother should be getting out of the hospital today. In a freakish and unfortunate series of events, she wound up being knocked underneath my grandfather's car (which is why you shouldn't bend down behind a running car to pick up a newspaper without warning the driver) and the fall broke off the ball of her femur. They replaced her hip on Sunday, she walked down the hallway on Tuesday, and was able to climb stairs on Wednesday. It really is pretty amazing.

Speaking of walking, I really need to get my ass in gear. I put on some of my nice pants, with a higher waistband than anything I've worn for the past month, and I could definitely feel those Christmas cookies. See, I don't need a scale! Just some high pants lacking in stretchiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your grandma seems determined to walk right out of that hospital. Which grandma was it?
Love,
S

Teacher Anonymous said...

My dad's mom, the one who lives down here. I visited her a couple of times earlier in the week. Among others, she had this bruise on her lower lip and jaw that looks like a Maori women's tattoo.