Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm going to get so many more hits for "S&M teacher" now

Today in class we were doing a little exercise to see how schemas and prior knowledge effect interpretation. The teacher put this passage up on the overhead projector:

There are two men. One man is at home wearing a mask, the other is coming home. The other man is afraid of the man in the mask.

We were then asked to interpret what the passage was about. I started giggling and shared my impression.

"They're lovers. One of them is the gimp*. You know, a little S&M."

Totally broke up the class. Definitely made a name for myself with that instructor. Yup, there's the guy she teases for being a bad student, the guy who falls asleep, and that girl with weird sexual practices on her mind.

* Yes, I know. The guy wouldn't be scared of the gimp. Perhaps the guy in the mask is the master.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You know wayyyyy too much about this, missy. ;)