Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm so happy, I just might explode

I've got an interview for an internship position on Tuesday. Not only am I thrilled to be getting an interview at all, this also happens to be at the school where I desperately want to teach.

For the first round of job placements, my program did not send my resume up to the school, and for the last several months I've been quite envious of the people from my program that got jobs up there. Just this morning, I received an e-mail (well, many of us did) from a school inquiring as to who would like to interview. The body of the e-mail did not contain the name of the school, just the initials. The first letter of the school's name happens to coincide with the first letter of another school's name, one where I would prefer not to teach. Reading the e-mail hastily in the morning, I glossed over the initials and thought that the less desirable school was the one that had sent the e-mail. It was only in the middle of class this morning that I had the nervous realization that I might have been confused as to what school had actually e-mailed. I'm so glad I did, as I nearly missed this opportunity!

No comments: