Friday, November 17, 2006

Addendum

Wow. Nothing like nostalgia to hit you like a ton of bricks. I've just spent the last 45 minutes reading up on Teddy Ruxpin and looking at the dolls on Ebay. Who would have thought that I'd be so fond of the little guy? Well, marketing people, that's who. Apparently they're releasing Teddy Ruxpin again this year, banking on the nostalgia of the parents to sell the toy. And you know what? It totally works. I wish I had a kid, so that I could buy them one. Heck, I'd even buy myself one of the original ones off Ebay if I didn't think that I'd listen to the tape once and then stick it on a shelf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Another teacher blogger, hoorah! :) I just wandered in from the Randomizer and had to say hello.

Psst. I had my own Teddy Ruxpin, and he was fabulous at the time. Sort of creepy when I think back.. his eyes did weird things.. weird..