Sunday, February 03, 2008

I'm such a joiner

Thanks to Heavy Petal, I've decided to join The Growing Challenge. Here is the challenge:

1. Grow one additional type of fruit or vegetable than you did last year, and grow it from seed.

2. Post about gardening once a week.

Although I haven't really grown anything from seed before (with the exception of rice during an activity in a social studies class), I've spent a lifetime drooling over seed catalogs. High time I tried it out myself!

In order to not go insane, I think I need to install a drip system. Luckily, I have two weeks off for spring break, so even though I will be spending some of my vacation up North visiting family and trying on a wedding dress, I should still have plenty of time to pimp out my garden. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the dates for your Spring break??
Love,
S

Heavy Petal said...

Glad you're joining! Let me know if you need any seed advice - although I think if you start with some of the "easier" veggies (like lettuce, radishes, peas) you'll be pleasantly surprised how simple it is!