Monday, February 04, 2008

Recipe Review: Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

I'd been eying this recipe for creamy macaroni and cheese with rapini for a while now, but was never able to find any rapini in the grocery store. I finally decided to forge on bravely and do without, but I'm afraid that it might have impacted the recipe in the process. Although the sauce was rather tasty, the finished item just feel like it was missing something. Perhaps it didn't need to be cooked as long without the rapini, or else I just prefer a more saucy macaroni, but the recipe seemed a bit dry. Also, I think it has too much nutmeg without having veggies for balance. It seems like a good base, however, so I think I might experiment with it. Maybe with a little less nutmeg and a little pepper jack for spice, baked for a little less time, it might just be a winner.

No comments: